The fuel injectors are electronically controlled valves that spray fuel into an engine. They can open and close many times per second. The injectors have an atomizing nozzle which evenly distributes petrol and diesel for optimal combustion and efficiency. They were designed to replace the old carburettor systems and improve fuel economy, as well as reduce emissions.
One fuel injector is usually found in each cylinder of a car. If you have a car with four cylinders, there will be four fuel injectors.
How Do Fuel Injectors Work?
The fuel injector controls the amount of fuel that is delivered to the combustion chamber. This ensures the correct amount of fuel is injected at the appropriate time. This is how it works:
- The fuel pump pumps petrol or diesel through fuel lines to the injectors.
- The ECU (engine controller unit) uses sensors that determine the best time to start the injectors and to spray fuel into the combustion chamber.
- The ECU activates an injector and pressurised fuel is sprayed through the nozzles into the combustion chamber. The fuel burns more efficiently because the nozzles are small.
You may have heard this term before. But what about the nuances of fuel injection? What are the various types of diesel fuel injection for your vehicle? We can help you with this, although it requires some engineering knowledge. There are four types of fuel injection used in newer cars:
- Single-point or throttle body injector
- Multipoint or port fuel injection
- Sequential fuel injection
- Direct injection
Single-Point or Throttle-Body Injection
Single-point is the simplest and earliest type of fuel injection. It replaces the carburettor with one or two fuel injector nozzles within the throttle body. This is the throat of an engine’s air intake manifold. The single-point injection was for some automakers a step toward the … Read the rest
A car that is tough on all terrains? The car from the American brand Dodge is the most precise answer. Every car it releases is...
Whеn уоu gо оn vасаtіоn, уоu spend a lоt оf time in your саr. Yоu hаvе tо bе vеrу саrеful about whаt tо dо next...
Swansea lần đầu tiên gặp Liverpool vào ngày 11 tháng 1 năm 1936, chỉ 9 ngày trước khi vua George V. qua đời. Trận đấu...
Bug Guards (also called bug deflectors) are auto accessories which are fixed to the front of a car, truck or van's hood. They are designed...