Solar panels are a major investment. It’s only natural that you would want to get the best equipment. Solar panels are different for every home, depending on the needs.
Our team of solar experts has reviewed the top solar panel brands in order to help you find the right one for your needs. Our team of solar experts reviewed the brands and their financial standing to find the six best solar panel manufacturers on the market.
The best solar panels for home in 2023
Our research shows that the best solar panels on the market today are:
- The best overall solar panels are Qcells
- Best solar panel performance: SunPower
- Best solar panel warranties: Panasonic
- Best value solar panels: Canadian Solar
- The best American-made solar panel: Silfab Solar
- In 2022, Qcells will be installed in more than 25% Californian solar installations. This dominant market share was not an accident. The panels are priced at $3.26 per Watt, which is in line with industry standards.
- Qcells panels are of high quality. The company’s new Q.Tron panel is its most powerful to date. While the other panels aren’t “premium”, they’re still a good addition to your roof.
- Qcells offers a 25-year warranty on product performance. Hanwha is Qcells parent company and it’s a large, profitable business. So you can be sure that Hanwha will take care of your warranty claims over the lifetime of your system.
- Qcells, despite being a South Korean firm, is one of the biggest solar manufacturers in the United States. It has plans to increase its domestic manufacturing over the next few years.
- SunPower offers the highest performance solar panels.
- SunPower M-Series panels are more efficient than their competitors, with ratings of up to 22,8%. The M-series panels have the best temperature coefficient, and perform better in high temperatures than most competitors.
- SunPower M-series solar panels use interdigitated back contact Maxeon cells to achieve this efficiency. Maxeon sells its own panels but its most powerful solar cells are exclusively used by SunPower.
- SunPower has a large dealer network, and its warranty is comprehensive. SunPower, unlike many other brands, offers a warranty that covers labor and replacement parts as well as shipping.
- Canadian Solar panels aren’t always the cheapest on the market. They are still the best for your money. Canadian solar panels are about $3.31 per Watt, while SunPower is $3.71 and Panasonic $3.63.
- Canadian Solar panels don’t offer record-breaking performance. You will get high-quality panels at a reasonable price. The company’s performance and warranties are in line with industry standards. It also has a solid reputation within the solar industry.
- You can find panels of lower quality from other brands. Canadian Solar panels are of high quality, so you won’t need to sacrifice them to save money. Canadian Solar offers a high-quality solar panel system for a low price.
- We could have selected many panels based solely on the warranty documents. Panasonic’s financial stability is what really pushed them over the top. Panasonic has been in business for more than 100 years.
- The company would honor any future warranty claims even if the solar branch were to close. We are confident that the brands listed on this page will be around for a long time, but Panasonic offers a bit of extra
- Silfab has two U.S.-based manufacturing facilities and plans to open a third. They also make great panels!
- Silfab’s panels are beautiful, with a design in all black that looks great on most roofs. The panels are also reasonably priced! The Prime and Elite panel models both use back-contact solar panels and conductive copper backsheets, which allow them to perform better under real-world conditions.
- Silfab solar installations are also a good investment. Silfab panels are priced at $0.76 per watt, before installation. This means you get a high-quality system for less money.
This post was written by a professional at Red Solar. Red Solar was started with the mindset of renewable energy being the future. We want everyone to travel through this transition. We can all agree that solar is the best way to reduce your carbon footprint, but it’s not the only way. During a Red Solar energy evaluation, all energy commons in your home will be analyzed for results. Our expert technicians will guide you through the process for better understanding and reassurance. Looking for one of the best solar companies Boca Raton? Then contact us for more information today!